CAG (Changi Airport Group) says that the construction of the Terminal 4 will start from 2013 and is expected to be completed by 2017.
The features of the new terminal are
1. Larger Passenger building that will accommodate the capacity of 16 million passengers in a year.
2. Also there will be facilities for efficient passenger processing.
3. There will be quick turnaround of aircraft.
4. There will be no aerobridges.
5. Also there will be a wide variety of retail and food and beverage facilities.
6. Passenger Amenities will be there in order to cater the needs of the travellers.
The airlines that are operating in the Budget Terminal, will be shifted to Terminal 2 and will start operating from 25th September 2012
The airlines like Berjaya Air, Cebu Pacific, Firefly, South East Asian Airlines and Tiger Airways will need to manage their operations.
According to the sources, the passenger traffic at the Changi Airport hiked at the annual growth of 5.2 percent compounded. Also in 2011, the airport served 46.5 million passengers which is an increase of 10.7 percent from the previous year.
With this news of new terminal, Singapore based carriers like Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Asia and Scoot have ordered the new aircrafts and the carriers that are outside Singapore, have shown their interest in increasing their links of air with Singapore