Singapore offers some world recognized professional courses, with relevant curriculum aimed at holistic development of students. With the training and development opportunities, students can unlock their potential. Singapore is a gateway to higher learning and it offers some of the most enriching courses. Apart from mainstream courses, students can also pursue HR and management courses, IT courses, fine arts, music and drama, dance, spa academics and therapist courses. |
Singapore also has some established culinary arts centres where students can perfect their culinary skills under the tutelage of award winning chefs. Many of Singapore's colleges and universities are associated with the top universities of United States and United Kingdom. Through professional courses, students can develop managing and communication skills, and improve their specialized abilities.
Educational Courses in Singapore
The education system in Singapore has been growing steadily since the past decade. With an aim to become a ‘Global Schoolhouse’, the Singapore government strives hard to diversify the portfolio offered by its education system. Today, the country is home to some of the best educational institutes in South East Asia.
The educational courses in Singapore focus on providing students with the skills of innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Recent studies have shown Singapore is being preferred by many students in Asia as the top destination for education because of low crime rates, affordable international education, exotic location and world class infrastructure and study experience.
Why Study In Singapore?
This is one of the most important questions in the mind of the students looking for studying options abroad. Here a few reasons why one should study in Singapore-
- 1. Hub of excellent education-: Singapore is the hub of excellent education programs with more than 16 foreign universities setting up their centers of research and education here.
- 2. Affordable education-: Unlike other developed countries where the tuition fees is too high for an average Indian citizen to afford, the Universities in Singapore are have much lesser tuition fees. In addition, the cost of living in Singapore is also much less as compared to other countries. Since the countries in Singapore adhere to the system of meritocracy, talented students can get fee waivers in the form of scholarships, study loans and bursaries.
- 3. Better job prospects and placements-: The government policies inSingapore allows the students to get work permit easily just after the completion of their course. The students can subsequently apply for permanent residency which is also granted without much fuss. The advancement of technology and industries in Singapore has led to a lot of new job opportunities for the students.
Educational Courses and Universities in Singapore
In Singapore, there are three prominent domestic universities that have won accolades worldwide.
- 1. The National University of Singapore (NUS) -: The NUS offers both undergraduate as well as post graduate courses and includes a wide range of curricula and institutes. It is and international university which provides training to more than thirty-thousand students from 100 different nations. The NUS also has its international centers in metropolitan cities like Stockholm, Beijing and Silicon Valley.
- 2. Nanyang Technological University (NTU)-: This is amongst the top most universities in Singapore which is also internationally acclaimed. The NTU is well-respected for its innovating courses in sciences, arts, business and technology. The University campus houses students and teachers from different nations across the world providing an environment of multiculturalism.
- 3. Singapore Management University (SMU)-: Though founded in 2000, this is a novel university which had been acclaimed worldwide for its management courses. The university offers six innovative undergraduate courses and 11 post-graduate courses, all patterned after The Wharton School.
In addition to the domestic universities, Singapore also proudly hosts centers of many international universities such as University of Chicago, Duke University, SP Jain Centre of Management, and Booth Graduate School of Business. The domestic universities have also formed partnership with may highly reputed international universities such as New York University School of Law, Stanford University and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. All these reputed study centers and acclaimed universities make Singapore and ideal destination for top education.
Find out which are some of the famous universities and college offering these professional courses.