Singapore is a popular hub for higher education. The students based in Singapore like to opt for higher studies in this cosmopolitan country as the place boasts of several popular educational institutes offering superior quality higher education to the students. As far as MBA admission in Singapore is concerned, the island country boasts of several renowned business schools with established campuses. |
Singapore, the Southeast Asian city-state, is remarkably urbanized. It follows an especially advanced mode of education, and can be one of your finest options to pursue a degree in MBA. MBA in Singapore assures a global familiarity and opulent inter-cultural ambiance. Here in Singapore you will have batch mates from at least 12 different countries thus preparing you better for an international environ. If these reasons are not adequate enough, and you are still wondering why do MBA from Singapore, here are certain other things you could consider.
Why do MBA in Singapore
There are several reasons which can be cited in favor of pursuing MBA in Singapore. Some of these include:
Superior quality educational institutes: Singapore houses some of the superior quality educational institutions in the whole Asia-Pacific Region. The education system in Singapore promises global experience to the students by offering the most updated curriculum in education across the world.
Cost-effectiveness: Doing MBA in Singapore is the most frugally feasible substitute in case you aspire to pursue your international education.
International classmates: While pursuing MBA in Singapore, you will get students from almost all countries across the globe as your classmates. This helps you to study amidst a rich inter-cultural ambience.
Safety of the students: Singapore is regarded as a safe place for the students. Singapore’s government has a non-tolerance policy for ragging in campuses and drug abuse.
Education within your means: At Singapore, you can pursue an MBA program from most of the educational institutes at comparatively lower costs.
Student work permits: Students pursuing MBA in Singapore are allowed to work for 16 hours every week so that they can support themselves financially.
Job opportunities: Singapore MBA institutes ensure excellent job prospects as the city-state is the nucleus of commercial endeavours. The students therefore have a diverse option of 26,000 international companies which they can explore for outstanding professional networking and hone themselves in the pre-eminent work environment.
MBA admission in Singapore
MBA admission in Singapore conforms to certain norms that must be duly observed by the candidates before applying. It is highly preferable if the applicant has a bachelor degree from a reputed university. He must also clear his GMAT exams with the minimum score of 6.5. The application form must be thoroughly revised before submitting. Incomplete forms are rejected, and the forms that lack the required attachments: academic transcripts, LOR and copy of passport (for students applying from abroad), and other documents are treated in much the same way.
MBA Colleges and Institutes in Singapore
MBA colleges in Singapore are numerous and wide-ranging. They may or may not require any prior job experiences. Given below is a list of some of the best educational centres in Singapore along with the MBA institutes fact file.
- National University of Singapore (NUS): Are you frantically searching for the best MBA institutes in Singapore? Then, this is the name that must top you list. The course that you will be opting for has duration of 17 months. Tuition fee for the course is 52,000 S $. The university demands a prior job experience of 2 years.
- Nayang Institute of Management: After NUS, this is your next best option. The course duration here is flexible. It can be completed in 15 or 17 months. The course requires a tuition fee of 50,000 S $. The institute of Nayang also requires a prior job experience of 2 years in the managerial post.
- INSEAD Business School: This is the place for you, if you are looking for an intriguing fusion of education with innovation. This business school has a marvellous reputation for honing capable people with leadership qualities, so that they stand out as prominent figures in the highly competitive professional sphere. They offer a course that can be completed in 10 months, and requires a schooling fee of 56,000 S $. Like Nayang, they also require a two years of managerial work experience.
- James Cook University: Among the universities in Singapore that does not require any prior experience, James Cook University enjoys a distinct status. They offer a course which has duration of 12 months. It requires a course fee of 28,000 S $. The degree awarded is of UWIC, UK.
- Dimensions International College: This college in Singapore offer an MBA course of 15 months’ duration with a course fee of 19,800 S $. The degree awarded is of New Castle University, Australia.
MBA Institutes Fact File
Have a look at some of the Singapore MBA institutes in a nutshell, offering MBA admission in Singapore.
|SMU (Singapore Management University)
||University degree, at least 2 years of full-time work experience, sound academic record, leadership capability
||S$53,000(Full time) S$56,000(Flexi Time)
||Scholarship funding ranging from 5,000-20,000 SGD
|NUS Business School
||Good academic record from a reputed institute, 2 years full-time post-graduation work experience, test scores
||S$50,000 payable over 3 semesters
||The NUS MBA Study Awards, Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship, NUS-APEC Scholarship, Saw Centre MBA Finance Scholarship, SPRING Singapore's Management Development Scholarship (MDS), Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship, Ian Ferguson Scholarship, Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship, Mohammed bin Rashid Fellows Programme
|Nanyang Business School
||An undergraduate degree, at least 8 years of full-time work experience, excellent command over English
||APEC Scholarship, ASEAN Postgraduate Scholarship, SPRING Management Development Scholarship (MDS) and many more
|Hemsdale Management School
||Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution,undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.8, 2 years full-time work experience
||Approximately S$25,000(Full Time) Approximately S$ 21000(Part Time )
|MDIS (Management Development Institute of Singapore)
||(MBA awarded by University of Bradford) Minimum 3 years post-degree supervisory work experience, 2 references, one professional and the other academic, test score
||MDIS Merit Scholarship, Study Credit Scheme
|SIC (Singapore Institute of Commerce)
||Minimum 2 years experience in Supervisory/Managerial roles, test score
||$23800- Full Time $18900 – Part Time
|INSEAD Business School
||Good academic record, a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university, Test score
||INSEAD Admiral Scholarship,INSEAD Alexis & Anne-Marie Habib Foundation Scholarship ,INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Diversity Scholarship(s), INSEAD Forte Foundation Fellowship and many more
|SP Jain Center of Management (SPJCM)
||Sound academic record, minimum 3 years of work experience
||Full scholarships equivalent to USD 32,690 Part scholarships USD 21,575
|Amity Global Business School
||Graduation with minimum 2 years of work experience or equivalent experience or exposure demonstrating that the participant has sound knowledge of the Industry
||USD 15000 1year MBA program
|EASB Institute of Management
||A Bachelor Degree, or a professional qualification (like ACCA, CIM, CIMA, etc.) or Access Route (Pass in 3 modules, out of which at least 1 should be a core module)
MBA courses in Singapore are continually gaining in reputation among students all over the world, especially those who are looking forward to establish a prolific professional career. As per up-to-date statistics around 80,000 transnational students hailing from 120 diverse countries are studying in Singapore.