Built in 1927, Majestic Theatre in Chinatown is located along the stretch of Eu Tong Sen Street began its journey as a Cantonese opera house. This building was also designed by the famous architects Swan and Maclaren just like The Southern Hotel of Chinatown. Majestic Theatre was previously known as Tien Yien Moh Toi Theatre. After 1938, it was converted to a cinema house when the Shaw Brothers started renting the present Majestic Theatre in Chinatown for screening the latest Cantonese blockbuster films in the name of Queen's Theatre.
It was after the Second World War when it was renamed as the Majestic Theatre by the Majestic Film Company, the new tenant, with the end of Japanese occupation in Singapore in 1945.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.