Church of Saint Peter & Paul


The Church of Saint Peter and Paul was built in 1870 and catered to the Chinese and Indian Catholic community. The Church also acted as a centre for many European missionaries, who needed to learn the Chinese language to expand their reach. Father Pierre Paris began to build the steeple in the Church, but Father Galmel completed it after Paris's death. When the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes was build, the Indian congregation moved there and the Church of Saint Peter & Paul became a Chinese Parish.

It was declared a national monument in 2003.


Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.