Sri Thendayuthapani Temple was built by the Chettiar community and is therefore also known as Chettiar's temple. The land, on which the temple is situated, was purchased from Mr Oxley, Singapore's first Surgeon General.
Two raised platforms similar to the ones found in Chettiar households in Tamil Nadu were erected at the entrance. The temple has one main sanctum that houses Sri Thendayuthapani (Lord Muruga) and two other sanctums on either side, a wedding hall and a dining hall with a courtyard.
The temple was first consecrated in 1859 and later after undergoing several renovations; it was again consecrated in 1936, 1955, 1982 and 1996.
Location: 15, Tank Road, Singapore 238065
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.