The Masjid Sultan (or Sultan Mosque) is located within the Kampong Glam district is considered one of the most important mosques in Singapore. Sultan Hussain of Johore constructed the mosque with funds solicited from the East India Company. The mosque was built between 1824 to 1826. Later in 1928, a new mosque, designed by Denis Santry, replaced the original one. On 14th March 1975, it was gazetted as a national monument.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.