There are several places in the world which attract a large number of tourists. Singapore is one such popular destination among the travel lovers. Every year, people who have a passion for traveling visit Singapore to enjoy the immense beauty and wonder of this exotic land. The place is popular not only for its several tourist attraction spots but also for the wide range of adventurous water sports that one can indulge in. Whether it is scuba diving, canoeing or windsurfing, the vast stretches of clear water makes it a popular hub among the sports lovers.
About Canoeing in Singapore
In Singapore, the responsibility of developing and promoting canoeing vests with the Singapore Canoe Federation. It aims at making Singapore a suitable venue for organizing various regional as well as international canoeing championships. The ultimate objective of this Federation is to encourage and motivate the younger generation to get interested in this thrilling and attractive water sport which is also regarded as a recreational activity for the sports lovers.
Types of Canoeing in Singapore
Quickly have a glance through the different types of canoeing options in Singapore.
- Sprint and Marathon: It is indeed great watching the paddlers in the long canoes passing each other through water at a very high speed.
- Canoe Polo: This game is played between two teams. These teams consist of 5 to 8 players and their ultimate objective is to score goals.
- Whitewater: It is regarded as the most challenging part of canoeing. However, as far as Singapore is concerned, since there is no rough river as such, there is no such threatening challenge.
Just check out a few useful tips on canoeing.
- Avoid wearing sandals; wear shoes with sides and tops or gym shoes as they provide the maximum level of protection.
- Carry sufficient quantity of water for drinking.
- Carry food and snacks in waterproof containers and tie it to the boat.
- You can use a sun hat if the weather is extremely sunny.
- Wear watches which are waterproof.
- Take adequate rest before you set out for canoeing.
- Make sure that the boat is in good condition.
- Since paddling is a type of physical exercise, do not forget to consult your physician before you set out for canoeing.
- Wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at the time when you are on and around the water.
- Just thoroughly go through the river map. Gain information on where your float trip will take you, emergency routes in the event of any mishap, and where to get out.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.