Singapore is one of the most attractive tourist attraction places across the world. Every year, travelers in large numbers flock to Singapore to enjoy the charm and beauty of the place. This exotic land is also a very popular place among those who love indulging themselves in several adventurous sports like windsurfing, scuba diving, bungee jumping and canoeing, to name a few. To know more about windsurfing in Singapore, the various windsurfing competitions that are organized in Singapore and some useful tips on windsurfing, just have a look.
Singapore – ideal for windsurfing
Singapore is an ideal place for those who want to feel the adrenaline rush of windsurfing. The winds are not very strong and hence it is an ideal location particularly for those who are new to this water sport.
Best time for Windsurfing
The ideal time to enjoy sailing in Singapore is during the south-west monsoon season between June and September and the north-east monsoon between November and March. However, you can also enjoy sailing during other times of the year as well.
Best spots for windsurfing
The popular windsurfing spots in Singapore are the waters off Changi Beach Park and the waters off East Coast Park.
There are several windsurfing competitions that are organized in Singapore. Some of these competitions include:
- The Singapore National Windsurfing Championship
- The Pasta Fresca Windsurfing Championship
- The Singapore Open Windsurfing Championship
- The People’s Association Windsurfing Championship
Check out a few tips on windsurfing/sailing before you take part in this adventurous surface water sport.
- Go through the rules of windsurfing thoroughly.
- Learning the basic techniques of windsurfing is very crucial.
- You should extend your arms as it not only provides more space to move around, but also enables to get a better view of the water.
- It is also crucial for you to know the dimensions of a windsurfing sail which is required for specific conditions of the wind.
- If you are new to this water sport, then learn the art of windsurfing from qualified instructors or from professional windsurfers.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.