The nation is also a top notch tourist destination and millions of tourists touch down on the nation annually. So if you’re planning to visit Singapore during this holiday season, you’d need a Singapore visa to gain entry, unless of course you’re a citizen of any of the enlisted nations from where ordinary citizens do not need a visa to enter the country. Singapore Tour Visas are issued by the Singapore embassies that are located in almost all prominent cities throughout the world.
Focus Singapore has highlighted on some of the important aspects of visa rules and visit pass (visa extension). Every foreigner coming to Singapore must know the visa rules and procedures.
They also need to have vital information on various emergency aspects such as extension of visa, guidelines to follow, application procedures and lot more. Focus Singapore is happy to inform you on all such aspect and wishes your stay in Singapore be hassle-free.
Crucial details about Singapore Visa
Citizens of all countries holding valid passports will need a Singapore Travel Visa, adequate funds for the duration of stay and a valid return air ticket for gaining entry to the nation except the following countries:-
- Australia, Belgium, USA, Norway, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, France, Germany, Spain, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, EIRE (Republic of Ireland)
- British Commonwealth Nations (except India)
- Diplomatic and official passport holders from India, Philippines, Thailand, Jordan, Tunisia, People’s Republic of China and a host of other nations
- Liechtenstein, Monaco, Switzerland, Holland, and San Marino
Professional Entry Pass or PVP (professional visa pass) are not required for visitors on short assignments except on special occasions including but not limited to giving religious discourses, participating in seminars, conferences or workshops with a racial, religious or political orientation or covering an event.
Documents required and other related details
Visitors have to pass through Immigration Clearance manned by Immigration and Checkpoint Authority officers and before one can step into Singaporean territory, one would need to fulfill the following Singapore Visa requirements:-
- A valid passport
- Singapore Visa as applicable
- Adequate funds
- Confirmed return ticket as applicable
- Filled up disembarkation or disembarkation card
- Visa of the third country if one is on an onward or return journey to/from that respective country
- Health fitness documents like vaccination certificates wherever applicable
People from other countries with valid travel documents issued by their respective countries require either a Business Visa or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore. Apart from a valid visa, visitors must also meet certain entry requirements to come to the country. These requirements include;
- A valid passport with minimum of 6 months validity
- Sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore
- Confirmed onward/return air ticket
Included to these certain other mandatory requirements are;
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable)
There are different procedure for assessment for different countries:-
Assessment Level I Countries
Commonwealth of Independent States (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan), India, Myanmar, People's Republic of China Hong Kong Document of Identity and Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
Assessment Level II Countries
Valid passport holders of Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries.
Visit Pass : Extension of Visa
Visitors who come to Singapore for social purposes or short business tour may need to stay for a longer duration than the period of stay granted. In such a case they need to extend the visa period. However, the extension of visa is again granted on short term and long term basis.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.