|Singapore Travel » Singapore Information » |
General Visiting Visas in Singapore
|| General Visiting Visas in Singapore are issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore. General Visiting Visas in Singapore are issued to the international tourists visiting Singapore. General Visiting Visas in Singapore are also provided to the relatives and acquaintances of the residents of Singapore. The General Visiting Visas in Singapore enable the visitors and tourists to stay in Singapore for a couple of months.
Social Visit Pass
Social Visit Pass is required for those persons who intend to make a short trip to Singapore. Persons coming down to Singapore for business or for taking job-interviews have to apply for the social visit pass in Singapore.
Eligibility for obtaining social visit pass application
- Person who will not visit Singapore in 3 days time after their last departure from the country
- International visitors coming down to Singapore for a short vacation or for a business tour
- Persons who will not extend their stay in Singapore for over 30 days after their present social visit pass expires
- Persons are eligible to apply if their validity period (leaving public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays) does not expire in 2 days time
- Persons who have previously not obtained permission to extend their stay in the country.
Long Term Social Visit Pass
In Singapore persons holding long term social visit passes need to get their work-permit or employment-pass. Applications for long time social visit pass can be sent manually as well as online.
Application for the Long Time Social Visit Pass can be also made by the employment pass holders for
- Parents or Parents-in-law
- Step children
- Handicapped children
- Unmarried daughters who are above the age of 21 years
- Common-law spouse
In Singapore a person holding an employment pass is eligible to apply for a Dependant's pass.
Employment for spouses holding the Dependant's Pass in Singapore
Spouses who hold the dependant's pass are eligible to work or take up a job in Singapore
after submitting an application to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority requesting them for a 'Letter of Consent'.
A cover letter containing the following documents is required for applying for the 'Letter of Consent':
- Basic monthly remuneration
- Tenure of the previous employment
- Detailed description of the nature of duties
- Designation of the job
Know more about General Visiting Visas in Singapore from focussingapore.com log on to: