Social Visit Pass is required for those persons who intend to make a short trip to Singapore. Persons coming down to Singapore for business or for taking job-interviews have to apply for the social visit pass in Singapore. Social Visit Pass has 2-4 weeks validity period. The social visit pass can be further extended for 3 months.
Eligibility for obtaining a social visit pass application
- Extension of a social visit pass for up to 3 months the fees charged is S$40 and the fee is equally applicable for every further extensions.
- S$30 is the fee charged if the person has been in Singapore beyond the visa free period..
- Do make the payments by NETS or CashCard
Processing Time for a social visit pass
For applications like Busines Visitor,Social Visitor seeking medical treatment or seeking employment or on short visit,Female social visitor whose child/grandchild is in Singapore for studies on Student's Pass,Technopreneur or Entrepreneur scheme processing time is as follows:
- Persons can get their visa processed on the same day in the weekdays provided their number in the queue is not more than 7400
- On Saturdays persons can get their visa between 11a.m. to 12p.m. provided their number in the queue is not more than 7200.
- In case your number in the queue is more than 7400 on weekdays than you will get your visa on the next day from 9a.m. to 3p.m.
- If your number in the queue is more than 7200 on Saturdays then you will get your visa on the very next working-day from 9a.m. to 12p.m.
- Saturdays,public holidays' eve and the day after Public Holidays
- Between 11 am and 2 pm on Mondays and Fridays
Requirements of the documents for the submission of Applications at the VSC Counter
- The Form14 should be duly signed by the applicant and the local sponsor who can be SC or SR and of age greater than 21 years.
- Also Form V391 signed by the local sponsor (Malaysians are exempted to fill this form)
- The travel documents of the applicant like Passport with atleast 6 months validity
- Also applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card with a valid Visit Pass granted when he got the entry in Singapore
- There should be a confirmed return ticket (This is fo all non-Malaysian applicants)
- Also the local sponsor's ID card or the passport only ( a copy of the NRIC or Passport's biodata page should be deposited to ICA)
Last Updated On:28th June 2012
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.