|Singapore Travel » Jobs in Singapore » |
Banking Jobs in Singapore
||Singapore is one of the most vibrant places across the world. Not only a popular tourist destination, it is also one of the favorite destinations for the job seekers, both experienced and fresh pass-outs. Be it in the field of information technology, banking and finance, sales and marketing or any other area, Singapore is the right destination for you. One of the lucrative job options in Singapore is the growing number of banking jobs that are available there.
Today we live in a fiercely competitive world. Banking is perhaps one of the most sought after career options for a student of finance or economics. One has a sea of opportunities facing him. From being a tax advisor to an analyst to broker to project manager, the choices are endless. Bring into the picture a small but flourishing economy as Singapore, and the world is your playground!
Scope of these jobs:
The existence of both private and foreign banks in the country has increased its scope and made it a lucrative career option. Promotions and other perks are a constant boost. In the banking sector, the demand for trained professionals is on the rise. The banking sector poses challenges for an individual which helps him grow and develop as an individual. However, what appeals to a youth the most is the pay package which comes along with a banking job. At the end of the day it IS all about the money!
Top Companies in the Market for Banking jobs in Singapore:
There are innumerable financial institutions in Singapore and it is a little hard to jot down the best, But if we were to compile the ten top banks in job market, then they would be the following:
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS): It would be safe to say that MAS is to Singapore what RBI is to India. It is Singapore’s Central bank.
- American Express Singapore: It is the Singaporean arm of the famous International banking facility.
- Citibank Singapore: Another extension of an International Bank, it offers top-notch facilities.
- DBS Group: It is the largest bank in Singapore and has branches all over China.
- Maybank: A well known name in the banking circuit, Maybank is one of the top 5 banks of the ASEAN.
- OCBC Group: It is the largest banking structure in all of Malaysia and Singapore with over 100 branches.
- Standard Chartered Singapore: It provides a wide range of services from deposits to loans, etc
- United Overseas Bank: It’s a leading financial institution in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ANZ): ANZ is a commonly heard name among aspiring bankers. There are 2 ANZ groups present in Asia.
- China Construction Bank Corporation, Singapore Branch: A state-owned bank, people would kill for this job!
Anybody with a Bachelor degree from a recognized university is eligible for a banking job in Singapore. However, like any other demanding job this too requires motivated and self-driven individuals.
The range of salaries in this sector is extremely wide depending on job type, bank type, position, qualification, etc. For instance take the Deutshe Bank, Singapore. The pay package varies from $6000 for a software engineer to $116000 for the Assistant Vice President. In short it pays well to be an Investment Banker in this island nation!
The proverb, ‘Variety is the spice if life’ holds true when it comes to the type of jobs available in the banking sector. There is a multitude of things that one can do in this field. They include Consultancy, Broker ship, Business Analyst, Bank Officer, Investment Banker, Project Manager, and Bank Officer. It completely depends on the person’s interest and qualifications what he chooses to do.
Banking Jobs in Singapore Openings
There are several banking jobs in Singapore. These banking jobs offer handsome pay package along with other perks and benefits. These jobs are meant for the local as well as the international job seekers.
- Finance Assistant/Executive
- Business Development Executive
- Business Delivery Manager
- HDB Loan Specialists
- Accounts Assistants
- Management Trainee
- Bank Tellers
- Telesales Consultant – Banking
- Sales and Marketing Executives
- Customer Service Assistant
- Credit and Risk Analyst
- Manager, Finance
- Credit Control Manager
- Client Service Manager
- System Conversion Analyst
- Personal Bankers/Relationship Managers
- Home Advice Specialist, Consumer Banking