|Singapore Travel » Jobs in Singapore » |
Shipping Jobs in Singapore
|The shipping industry in Singapore is offering some of the most lucrative job options particularly to the young job aspirants. If you have a love for adventure and sea faring, then landing up with a job in the shipping industry is an ideal choice for you. It is regarded as one of the sought after career options offering a good income and a unique lifestyle. To know more about these shipping jobs in Singapore, just have a look.
List of Shipping Jobs in Singapore
If you are looking for shipping jobs in Singapore, then just have a look at the various designations and posts available in the shipping companies in Singapore.
|These jobs offer you a handsome pay package along with various other facilities and amenities.
- Operation & Back Office in Tanker Team
- Technical Superintendent
- Shipping Assistant/Coordinator
- Traffic Controller
- Logistics Executive
- M & R Executive (Shipping Line)
- Shipbuilding Superintendent
- Lashing Specialist
- Warehouse Assistant
- Operations Executive - Sea Freight (Logistics)
- Marine Electrician
- Marine Personnel Manager
- Ocean freight Operations Senior Manager
- Shipping Director – Ship Management
Companies offering Shipping Jobs in Singapore
Quickly glance through some of the companies offering shipping jobs in Singapore. These companies not only offer a handsome pay package but also offer a bright career option.
Eligibility for Shipping Jobs
- Pan-United Corporation Ltd.
- Marco Polo Marine Ltd.
- Pacific Richfield Marine Pte Ltd.
- Anglo-Eastern Group.
- Pacific International Lines (Pte) Ltd.
- Eastport Maritime Pte Ltd.
- Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd.
- M.T.M Ship Management Pte Ltd.
Different types of shipping jobs require different types of eligibility. For some jobs in the shipping industry, graduation/post-graduation in a particular stream may be compulsory whereas for others, graduation may not be a mandatory criterion. For instance:
In addition, you need to possess the following attributes:
- For landing up with administrative level jobs in shipping companies in Singapore, you need to be a graduate. Additional qualifications may be required but that again depends upon the nature of work;
- On the other hand, stevedoring does not require any academic background but those individuals who are appointed for stevedoring should be physically very strong;
- For grabbing the top level logistics jobs in shipping companies, employers usually prefer candidates with a degree/diploma in Logistics Management.
- Team spirit, which is vital for pursuing a career in the shipping industry;
- Scientific acumen and the capability to do logical and analytical thinking for technical branches;
- An individual should also have love for travel and adventure and should have an independent outlook.