You can reach Sentosa from the Singapore mainland by a short causeway or Cable Car from Mount Faber that passes through HarbourFront en route.
The island is also accessible by the Sentosa Express monorail. Once you are in Sentosa, you can avail the three bus services and a tram service called the Beach Train. Even passenger cars are allowed to enter this island.
As a tourist, you will be eager to know about the Attractions in Sentosa Island. This beautiful island has a lot to offer you and your family. If you want to overcome the daily hardships, then escape to this Island of fun and frolic. Sentosa Island Attractions will fill your heart with fond memories and you will treasure them all your life. There is every chance that you might visit this island more than once.
Best Attractions in Sentosa
The Places to See in Sentosa Island are many and you will thoroughly enjoy every bit of your stay in the island.
You be delighted with the Beaches in Sentosa The southern coast of the sheltered Sentosa beach is stretched more than 2 kilometers in length. It has been divided into three parts: Siloso Beach, Palawan Beach and Tanjong Beach. The unique thing is that these beaches are artificial. The sand on Sentosa's beaches are white and clean because the sand is basically imported, along with Singapore's strict laws against littering.
The Tiger Sky Tower is an observation tower on Sentosa. It stands at a height of 110 meters above ground and offers a panoramic view of Sentosa, Singapore and the Southern Islands. You have to enter a large disc-shaped air-conditioned cabin with glass windows all round. The cabin then ascends the column of the tower. Once you reach the top, you get the mesmerizing view.
- The Butterfly Park is a landscape garden with more than 15, 000 butterflies and over fifty species. This park is housed in a cool outdoor conservatory. The colorful butterflies make an interesting sight. You can visit the The Insect Kingdom and see around 3,000 species of rare insects from around the world.
- You will be pleased to see the Underwater World. This aquarium is located on the western part of Sentosa. The museum has more than 2,500 marine and fresh-water animals of 250 species from different regions of the world. Through the submerged glass-window tunnel, you will be able to see an array of marine life including a coral reef, stingrays, moray eels, turtles, sharks, and other fishes.
- The Underwater World also includes a Dolphin Lagoon which is home to some Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins. You can enjoy "Meet-the-Dolphins", "Swim-with-the-Dolphins” sessions.
- Visit the world’s only permanent show set in the sea, The Songs of the Sea show. You will enjoy the spectacular pyrotechnic displays, a live cast and an open-air viewing gallery which can easily accommodate 2,500 visitors.
- The Merlion statue can be entered through the ground floor and then by a lift to the 12th floor to view the city state. The statue of the Merlion is 37 meter high. It is a popular sight and visited by people from around the world. The water features in and around the Merlion and Merlion Walk are a delight to look at.
- Experience the Sentosa 4D Magix during you visit to the island. It is Singapore's first and Southeast Asia's original 4-dimensional theater.
- The CineBlast is Singapore's only cinema ride. This place is equipped with latest high definition wide-screen projection, digital technologies and state-of-the-art 6 axis motion systems, unique sound and light technology. The cinema simulation ride will bring visitors to a virtual world of thrilling experiences.
- Built by the British in 1880s, Fort Siloso was used to guard the narrow western entrance to Keppel Harbour. You can have a look at the military-themed attraction, such as ammunition bunkers, barracks, tunnels and gun emplacements. Also on display is a collection of artillery guns dating from the 17th century to World War II.
- You can make merry at The Sentosa Luge & Skyride. It is a self-steering, gravity-driven three-wheel cart that allows you to speed down a hill over a course of 650 m ending at the Siloso Beach. You can overcome your fear of heights through The Flying Trapeze. The Sijori Wondergolf is a miniature golf park. You can try out some golfing as well.
- You can also explore the island with nature walks. Around 70% of the island is covered by secondary rainforest, the habitat of monitor lizards, monkeys, peacocks, parrots as well as other native fauna and flora.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.