Lying across a vast stretch of forty hectares of secondary rainforest, adjacent to the Singapore Zoo the Singapore Night Safari is a traveling delight for tourists from across the globe. Night Safari is the world's first wildlife park built for visits at night. Nestled in 40 hectares of lush secondary forest at Madai Lake, the Night Safari offers guests the unique experience of exploring wildlife in a tropical jungle at night. Through the use of subtle lighting technique, guests are able to view over 1,000 nocturnal animals of 100 species in vast naturalistic habitats. Embark the walking trails to explore the jungle and its inhabitants. Watch the Creatures of the Night Show and Tribal Performances. Get on the walking trails to explore the jungle and its inhabitants. |
Experience the thrill of a nocturnal adventure and enjoy the sounds and sights of animal nightlife. Opened on 23 May 1994, the Night Safari, encircles more than 1040 animals form over 120 endangered and rare species. The concept of a nocturnal park in Singapore has remarkably improved the growth and development in the state of tourism and hospitality in Singapore. Singapore night safari has witnessed many remarkable events so far; such as the birth of a giant flying squirrel, which is the first in Asia. The nocturnal park also witnessed the first in-captivity birth of a giant anteater in entire Southeast Asia.
The Singapore Night Safari park is divided into eight geographical zones, which can be easily explored on foot or by tram. The walking Trails cover the Fishing Cat, Forest Giants and Leopard Trail, whereas you can observe about 41 exhibits on foot and 18 on tram. The place attracts more than 1.1 million visitors every year. The Singapore Night Safari is an ideal place for animal and wildlife photography. Get the best pictures of animals and birds at night. Singapore Night Safari has got many prestigious awards, such as Best Leisure Attraction Experience ( for the years 2003, 2004, 2006), Leisure Attraction of the Year (for the years 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000), Singapore Tourism Awards and Top 10 Best Family Experience, 2006.
Attractions of Singapore Night Safari:
- Creatures of the Night Show: Your night Safari program remains incomplete without this show. In the twenty minute presentation you are introduced to the nocturnal animals of this safari- the majestic owl, the instinctive civets, and the tender binturongs. The amazing experience becomes more enjoyable as the show gives you an opportunity to interact with the animals.
Show Timings: 7.30pm, 8.30 pm and 9.30 pm Daily. Additional shows at 10.30 pm from Friday to Saturdays and on public holidays.
The show timings might change with the changing climate.
Through the course of the tram journey you are guided through a series of interesting zones, created to replicate the natural beauty of some famous geographical regions.
- Himalayan Foothills: The Himalayan foothills are the first piece of landscape that one comes across in one's journey. The wilderness is defined by dense vegetation- pine and fir trees bamboos, woody creepers, rhododendrons and stout tress. “King of Wild Goats”, Markhor, Bharal and Himalyan Tahr are the inhabitants.
- Nepalese River Valley: The low lying marshlands contain streams, habitats with tall grass. Golden jackal, one horned rhinos and pelicans are the wild animals found here.
- Indian Subcontinent: This area stretches from Pakistan to Bangladesh in the west to east direction, covering the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan and Nepal in the north. The vast biodiversity is dominated by climatic extremes. Sloth bear, barasingha, gir lion and hyena are some of the animals.
The remaining tram route covers the Equatorial Africa, Indo Malayan Region, Asian Reverine forest, and the Burmese hillside respectively.
The real fun begins once you embark on the walking trail, marked by four interlinked trails: Fishing Cat, leopard, forest giants and east lodge. Walking amidst the giant flying squirrels, you will be amazed by the deftness of the fishing cats.
- The Thumbuakar cultural show will keep you entertained with ethnic dances, breathtaking stunts and blowpipe demonstrations.
- The cocktail safari express, the safari adventurer tour and the gourmet safari express are some the exciting tours lined up to make your night out a tad too special.
Information for Visitors
- The safari is open from 7.30-12 midnight daily. Shops and restaurants are open from 6.00pm on a daily basis.
- Fees for Creatures of the Night show: Admission and tram- S$32.00 (Adults) and S$21.00 (Children from 3-12 years). The prices mentioned here are subject to change.
- No admission fee is charged for children under three years. School groups can register before hand with the Education department.
The Park hoppers also have some amazing offers to avail:
||Ticket Prices (Child)
||Ticket Prices (Adult)
||Jurong Bird Park Night Safari.
||Jurong Bird Park Night Safari
- The tickets can be bought online for all these three parks.
- Visit to these parks may take more than a day.
- The prices include tram rides.
- Tickets are valid for thirty days starting from the date of purchase.
- There are special offers for senior citizens. If you are planning to make your birthday more special this time, do visit the Night Safari just to grab those amazing discounts offered by the Night Safari on birthdays.
- The Safari also acts as a perfect shopping destination. The zoo shop, safari shops and feather shops are all set to turn your shopping experience into bliss.
Dining at Night Safari
Your gutsy nocturnal trip, once accomplished, deserves a great deal of pampering. So go ahead and wind up your special night out with a satisfying dinner at the restaurants and eat outs here. Ben and Jerry’s Scoop Shop, Ulu Ulu Safari Restaurant and Bongo Burgers are at your service to add to your dining experience.
|Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.|