Every year, a large number of travelers flock to Singapore to get a glimpse of the beauty of this exotic land. Be it your honeymoon, anniversary or any other occasion, a trip to Singapore is always an ideal option.
The place is always bustling with shopping malls, parks, restaurants, theaters and other entertainment activities. Just plan a trip to Singapore and see for yourself what the place has in store for you.
There are several beautiful parks in Singapore which you can visit during your trip to Singapore. Just have a look at some of them!
- Fort Canning Park in Singapore: This is one of the most visited parks in Singapore. The Park is a popular place for arts, housing precious memorials of the early history of Singapore dating back to 14th century and the personal bungalow of Sir Stamford Raffles. Open-air ballet, sculpture exhibitions and plays are organized in this Park.
- Sembawang Park Singapore: At Sembawang Park in Singapore, you will come across a beautiful natural beach which is a popular place for fishing. You will also find a variety of marine life along the shoreline of Sembawang Park. The Beaulieu House is also another attraction in the Park. This house, built in the year 1910, was used as the residence for the Senior Fleet Officers after the war. At present, it houses a seafood restaurant.
- Bishan Park Singapore: Another beautiful park in Singapore, Bishan Park, features bridges and lakes, lush greenery, and colorful shrubs growing everywhere. The Park is positioned between two housing estates, namely, Bishan Estates and Ang Mo Kio.
- MacRitchie Park Singapore: This Park is a popular place in Singapore among the exercise enthusiasts, particularly among the joggers. The Park is also an ideal place for morning and evening walks. People also visit this Park for just a stroll along the edge of the water.
- Pasir Ris Park in Singapore: This is a coastal park in Singapore, ideal for spending your weekends with your family members. The Park features a mangrove swamp and you can get a glimpse of the mangrove flora and fauna. What else? You can also indulge yourself in several sports like swimming, bird watching and cycling.
- Punggol Park Singapore: Based on the theme of “Family Leisure,” the Park is an ideal recreation spot for people of all ages. The Park features open lawn areas for organizing picnics or flying kites, a community corner for relaxation, and a wooded area for taking a stroll in a leisurely manner. The Park also houses play and fitness equipment.
- Merlion Park in Singapore: This Park in Singapore was originally built by the Esplanade Bridge, which is approximately 120 meters from its current location. Like the other parks, this is also a popular park in Singapore.
- Bedok Reservoir Park Singapore: Bedok Reservoir Park in Singapore is an ideal place for undertaking water-based activities and regular races are also organized in the reservoir. The Park surrounds the beautiful Bedok Reservoir and is a popular place for jogging. The Park features bicycle rack, cycling track, fitness corner and fitness equipment, running track, toilets and restrooms, event lawn, benches, fishing jetty, and playing equipment for children.
- National Orchid Garden
A feast for orchid lovers the National Orchid Garden displays almost twenty thousand orchids.
Sprawling over three hectares of land, it was opened on 20th October 1995 by Singaporean Minister Lee Kuan Yew and is situated on the highest hill of Singapore Botanic Gardens.
There are over 400 species of orchids and almost 2000 hybrids.
A striking feature of the garden is its construction plan with four distinct sections. The zones divided according to seasons comprise the winter zone with its colors of whites and fresh blues, the autumn with more austere shades, the spring zone of bright light hues such as cream, yellow and gold, and finally the summer zone with striking tones of red and pink. The color uniformity is achieved by carefully matching the flowers and foliage of the orchids.
The VIP gardens have sections named after state visitors and VIPs from Singapore.
- Singapore Zoological Gardens
Reserve an entire day of in your schedule to visit the Zoological Gardens that is host to almost two thousand animals of at least 240 species. This abode of copious greenery is a safe and pleasant replicate endeavor of the natural habitats of most animals.
Walking around the zoo one can enjoy the cascading fall of waters, some magnificent scenic views of the Seletar Reservoir apart from other attractions such as the Children's World, Primate Kingdom and Wild Africa
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.