The nation state of Singapore appears like a speck on the world atlas but is one of the most visited nations on earth. Amongst all the attractions that the city has to offer, an extensive array of restaurants and bistros offering a delectable array of cuisines from around the world at budget rates is certainly one of them. Singapore is a veritable gourmand’s delight where one can splurge on a lunch or dinner at a high-end restaurant and also have a fulfilling meal just under $ 15. As Singapore gears up to play host to the first edition of the World Street Congress, it is the perfect time to review some of the best eateries in the city that offer great food at unbelievably cheap rates
1. Big Mama Korean Restaurant, 2 Kim Tian Road, Singapore This restaurant is a big hit with Koreans as the eatery specializes in serving some of the most sought after dishes from the Korean cuisines. The food items are prepared in the same manner as you’d cook food in your home. Though some of the popular fares served by Big Mama are a little expensive, some offerings are really affordable. For instance, you can sample their Pork Bulgogi or Soybean Soup (both served with rice and costing $13).
2. Delicious Restaurant, 6 Scotts Road, #B1-16/19 Scotts Square, Singapore Despite this restaurant being situated in the heart of the city, the fare at Delicious is surprisingly cheap. The prices for some of the staple courses range from $15-20. The bistro is ideally located on the mezzanine floor of Scotts Square that makes it a perfect venue for social gatherings.
3. Huber’s Butchery and Bistro, 18A Dempsey Road, Singapore In case you are visiting Dempsey Road either for a business meeting or for shopping, you can drop in at Huber’s Butchery for a bite. You’ll really love to gorge on dishes like Huber’s Beef Burger ($15), Meatloaf ($12.50) or Roast Beef Sandwich ($12.50).
4. La Petite Cuisine, 227 Upper Thomson Road and 10, Jalan Serene, #01-05 Serene Centre, Singapore If you find yourself strolling down Upper Thomson Road, make it a point to check out the fare at La Petit Cuisine. La Petite Cuisine is a bistro that is well known in the vicinity for serving French delicacies and that too at prices that will not burn a hole in your pocket. You can go for their steak frites or duck confit priced below $20.
5.Relish By Wild Rocket, 1, Maju Avenue, Serangoon Garden and 501, Bukit Timah Road: It is one of the most sought after burger joints in the city because it not only offers a wide variety of burgers one as sumptuous as the other but the rates are reasonable as well. The price range varies from $14-18.
7. Andhra Curry, 41, Kerbau Road, Singapore : Tucked away in a corner of Little India, Andhra Curry has been serving dosas, idlis, and vadas and other South Indian fare for a long time. However, it specializes in serving Hyderabadi biryani, and also serves fish-head curry-a Singaporean specialty. Most of the dishes are priced from 4-11
8. Yu Kun Kaya, 18, China Street, Chinatown, SingaporeEnjoy the traditional breakfast dish-the Kaya Toast that has been on the restaurant’s menu since 1944. You just need to pay roughly £ 2 for the eclectic spread consisting of two poached eggs, and toasts smeared with ‘kaya’ coconut jelly. Enjoy a cup of coffee that comes free with the dish.
9. Saveur Restaurant, 5, Purvis Street, # 01-04, Singapore: This bistro is known to serve French dishes at affordable rates. Nowhere else will you find Duck Confit at $9.90 or Foie Gras at $8.00.
10. Selfish Gene Cafe, 40 Craig Road, Singapore: At Selfish Gene Cafe, you can savour a breakfast spread at any time of the day ranging from $10.80-$15.80, soups and desserts ($5.80), and salads ($6-$12.80). The restaurant excels in maintaining consistency in serving comfort food.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.