A country, which has witnessed war and brutalized massacres, narrates many horror stories. Singapore is no exception to this trend and many places here tell ghost stories and many buildings are still abandoned for the fear of being haunted. Let us read about top ten horror stories and paranormal activities about Singapore:
1. Old Changi Hospital:The old Changi Hospital was built in 1935 and was under Japanese occupancy. The hospital was used as prison and was majorly used for notorious torture chamber. The hospital compound was famous for film shooting spot for horror films. The Old Changi hospital was filmed in many horror movies such as Growing up and The Crime Hunters. The hospital is said to be possessed by victims of Japanese occupations.
2. Jurong:Jurong is today one of the most modern and posh locality of Singapore, but many of the buildings here tell horror stories. The residents here experience ghosts walking down their houses and most of stories come from HDB buildings
3. Former CID Headquarters:This palce narrates series of haunted stories connected to it. The place is calm and eerie and housed some of the most notorious criminals of Singapore. The criminals here were thrown in a cell, which is pitching dark that one cannot even see their own finger. People have recorded paranormal activity in this building and SPI TV episode is filmed in this Isolation cell. The inmates during the shoot have experienced some sort of negative energy in there.
4. Former National Aerated Water Company: The Former National Aerated Water Company is situated on the banks of Kallang River and is an abandoned place. The bottling unit was established in 1929 and soon became defunct and was considered haunted by some who have experienced paranormal activity here.
5. Tekong's Three-Door Bunk: This was a popular place for tourist attraction and roped in people from all places. It is rumored that the place is the location for gateway to Hell and the security guards here used to narrate horror stories about how the places comes alive in the middle of the night.
6. Haw Par Villa Statues::This was a popular place for tourist attraction and roped in people from all places. It is rumored that the place is the location for gateway to Hell and the security guards here used to narrate horror stories about how the places comes alive in the middle of the night.
8. Spiral Staircase at National Museum Singapore:Carl Alexander Gibson Hill was the curator of the museum and he was often reported of ill health. He committed suicide in 1963 and people have experienced his spirit around this Victorian style staircase who stops people from climbing the stairs.
9. The Banana Spirit:A man who wanted to become rich learnt to control the Banana Spirit by inserting a needle with red thread tied to him, in the night the banana spirit started crying, and the man struck a deal with the spirit. The man kept asking the spirit about 4D winning number and he grew rich day by day. One day another man got to know his secret and removed the needle from the banana tree and the rich man was found dead in the most heinous way, it is said to be the revenge of Banana Spirit. This is one of the popular horror stories told by Singaporean people
10. The Haunted East Coast Yellow Tower: Many years ago a couple was taking a stroll at the Yellow tower when couple of goons appeared and killed the boy and brutally raped the girl and killed her, since then people hear wails of the girl asking for help.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.