1. Tourism: This is one of the biggest industries in Singapore, which brings the largest revenue stream for the city state’s economy. Millions of tourists throng the beautiful tropical island, which is full of natural and manmade attractions. This melting pot of different ethnicities, especially Malay, Chinese, Arab and Indian, receives more than $10 billion from tourism alone, which is bound to increase to $30 billion by 2015.
2. Biomedical Sciences: Biomedical Sciences is also an emerging industry in Singapore. It comprises of healthcare services, clinical development, basic research, product development, and process development etc. Recently, a Singaporean pharmaceutical-company received the "Best Company in an Emerging Market" award as part of Scrip Awards in London. Singapore invests heavily in research and development of drugs and around 2000 scientists and researchers from around the world are involved with various kinds of research activities in this field
4. Banking and finance: It also enjoys a leadership position in banking and finance, because there are numerous international banks here along with a huge number of wealth management and investment companies. Its pro business environment makes it a financial hub of the South East.
5. Chemicals: Singapore ranks in top 10 petrochemical hubs on the planet. In 2007, the revenue generated by this sector was S$33.7 billion.
6. Construction: Construction is an ongoing process in Singapore. Many shopping malls, casino resorts, hotels, sports centers and residential and business centers are coming up soon and it has sustained the growth in this sector even in the toughest recession phase of 2009.
8. Healthcare: Singapore boasts of the best healthcare infrastructure in entire Asia with the highest standard of medical practice globally. Because of this, there were around 4,00, 000 foreign patients in Singapore in the year 2007. The premium medical services are available here at the most affordable prices.
9. Education: Singapore’s leaders also have a dream to make it a leading education hub in the entire world. At present, it enjoys a significant position in the world of quality education, safety, and industry inspired curriculum, which gives its students an edge over the students from many other parts of the world.
10. Info-communications and Media: Media business and info-comm is also a leading industry in Singapore, which contributes heavily to its economy. It aspires to become the “media city of the world” in near future. Singapore airs some of the most popular TV channels across the world.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.