Singapore is the fastest developing city state of the South East Asian region and it has a rich history as well. There are many weird facts about Singapore, you might have never known. The top ten such things are as follows:
1. Every male citizen has to serve the Singapore Army Similar to the state of Israel, this tiny city state has made it mandatory for all its male citizens to serve the Army. They have to enroll when they complete the age of 18.
2. A country with the fastest walkers in the world Singaporeans are ranked as the fastest walkers in the word according to a study. The stampede at local train stations and roads is a proof.
3. A country with number one shopping avenue in the form of Orchard RoadAccording to a leading consulting company, the Orchard Road of Singapore has been ranked as the number one shopping district in the entire world. It supersedes even the best shopping centers of Paris and London.
5. The first country to have the World Toilet Organization Cleanliness is the national craze and therefore Singapore became the first country to launch the World Toilet Organization. The aim of the organization is to improve the sanitation facilities around the world.
6. A small nature reserve with amazingly huge variety of trees Bukit Timah Nature Reserve is said to have a greater variety of flora and fauna as compared to some of the entire continents in the world, which is amazing for this tropical country.
7. The city with second highest population density Singapore is also one of the most crowded states on this planet. Strangely, some of the commercial buildings in Marina Bay have the largest floor space in the world.
9.The tallest Ferris wheel on the planet: Singapore FlyerThe Ferris wheel at Singapore is 160 m high and therefore it is even taller than the leading observation wheels such as Southern Star of Melbourne, London Eye, Star of Nanjing, and Suzhou Ferris wheel.
10. The 280 m restriction The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore has imposed a restriction of the maximum height of 280 m for any building in its business district, because of its proximity with airports yet it has 4300 tall buildings with around 50 skyscrapers, which makes it a city of skyscrapers. Surprisingly, still three of its high-rise buildings figure among the top hundred tallest buildings in the world. Singapore is also one of the best cities in the world in terms of architecture.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.