Singapore has always been a popular tourist destination known worldwide for being a shopper's paradise, great host for events such as Grand Prix and rich in cultural diversity and great tourist attractions.
Popular Tourist places in Singapore
Whether you are planning a trip to Singapore or you are a local resident planning for a visit with your loved ones, this list of attractive tourist places in Singapore will be of great use to you. So here we begin:
- Orchard Road: If you are a shopping spree, then a visit to Orchard Road is must for you. The Orchard Road has great shopping malls – Ngee Ann City, The Paragon, Plaza Singapura, Wisma Atria, Far East Plaza, Wheelock plaza ,Lucky Plaza and many others. There are plenty of eating spots here including Food Republic, Ayam Peneyet Ria, Killiney Kopitiam and many others.
- Sentosa Island: If you want to be entertained to the fullest, then plan a visit to Sentosa island. Visit Sentosa underwater world and fall in love with sea creatures, visit Merlion- the giant statue which is half fish and half lion, plan a ride for a cable car to Sentosa or simply play with dolphins at Dolphin lagoons.
- Museums: Asian Civilization Museum gives you a taste of history of Asian civilizations housing cultural and archaeological treasures from China and others. Singapore Art Museum has the largest public collection of 20th century Singapore and Southeast Asian art in the world. Other museums include Singapore History Museum, Peranakan Museum and Royal Selangor Pewter Museum, Changi Museum and others.
- Jurong Bird Park: Jurong Bird Park gives shelter to over 8,000 birds of 600 species including the world's largest collection of Southeast Asian Hornbills and South American Toucans, and the world's second largest penguin exhibit. The park has daily shows such as Breakfast with the Birds, Birds of Prey, Penguin Feeding Time and the Jurong Bird Park All Stars Bird show.
- Singapore Zoo: The zoo is home to over 2,000 creatures which are housed in landscaped enclosures having rock walls and streams replacing cages. Attractions include Children's World, giving a chance to interact with animals, six island Primate Kingdom, sea lion and penguin gallery, the polar bear exhibit and a miniature railway.
- Night Safari: If you are an animal lover and you wish to look at a one horned rhinoceros or hear a pack of striped hyenas, then night safari will be a great deal for you with 1,200 animals of over 100 exotic species to look at.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens : Botanic gardens combine great horticulture with great plant biodiversity along with activities and eating spots for visitors.
- Little India: Little India as the name suggests shows the colors of Indian community in Singapore. Hinduism is an important life aspect here and beautiful temples of Sri Veerama Kaliaman and Sri Srinivasa Perumal are worth visiting.
- China Town: Chinatown has narrow streets full of life that has changed quite less for generations. The whole of China Town is lit up beautifully during the Chinese new year with a variety of festive goods sold at various shopping stalls.
Disclaimer: The data provided here is based on the facts and research using available sources. As the data is made available on "as is" basis and subject to change anytime. This website shall not be liable for any discrepancy found in the data on our site and actual figures.